Sunday, June 21, 2026

Father's Day

 


Sadly no picture of the father this year.
Matt stayed in bed the entire day.
Couldn't even physically get out.
So the kids just went into the bedroom and visited off and on.
We made food: hot dogs, deviled eggs, strawberry rhubarb crisp, and more.
It was supposed to be a Hayes Family dinner but no Hayes' showed up.
Which is fine, I guess.
We are at this place where there is a shift and Hayes family things seem to be going away.
I am carrying on the traditions with my kiddos and their kiddos though. 
I had fun with the grands.
Simon finally cuddled up to me, for the first time in his life, and fell asleep.
Penny and I made wishes on dandelions.
We watched cookie decorating videos on my phone on the couch.
They all gave me a leg and foot massage by hitting me. :)
And of course, we had to spend time in Hammock Town.
The kids pretended the hammock was a pirate ship and we sang, "Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me."
That is, until I made a few of them walk the plank. 
Grateful for all these people that are making this difficult time more bearable. 







No comments: