Monday, August 17, 2015

So much fun!


We've had some really great things happening at Harvest Point this week. We harvested our first hive of honey and oh man, is it great! I am in love with that stuff. We made strawberry shortcake yesterday for dessert and all the sugar came from that honey. It was so sweet and yummy. We got almost 3 gallons from one hive and we still have another hive that we need to do tonight.


The strawberries are still going strong out there. Last weekend we picked around 23 lbs and this weekend we picked another 15 without even getting them all. I am going to have to go out and pick again today. The freezer is very full of berries right now and I am loving that! I put this before and after picture together just so I could see how it has progressed. We have some serious runners that are going to need to come off because we can no longer push them into the rows. It's crazy what just two months can do here in Alaska.

There are so many fun things about living out here. One of them is the wildlife. Yesterday there were so many cranes in the barley field that I was shocked to see them all together. It was incredible. They make the coolest sound too. We haven't seen any bear yet- thank goodness- or moose, but I've heard the moose calling. We've seen fox and eagles though. It's pretty great out here.

And yesterday we took Sunday afternoon naps in the living room. I love Sunday's. I love that we get to spend the day together and rest. I would hate not having Sunday's in my life. They are a recharger for me.

No comments: