Friday, September 23, 2016

Of sandwiches, snow and rainbows



Tonight we had the most wonderful surprise. 
A double rainbow that went from our farm into a farm across the street. 
It was so vibrant and beautiful.
When we noticed it from the porch, Bri and I ran out and got on top of the trailer to get pictures.
It was raining on us.
I left my shoes in my house. 
It was totally worth it. 
We were rainbow chasers once again. 
I love rainbows. 
You could even see the purple! 




Today my Dad came out to the farm to help Matt with the heaters in the greenhouse.
About one thirty they came in the house hungry. 
I made my dad a BLT. 
I had this strange feeling when I made it. 
It was love. 
It had the tomatoes and lettuce we grew.
I cut up the bacon into small pieces because dad doesn't have any teeth to speak of. 
I felt like I was able to do something for my dad and that felt amazing. 
He's always been there for me all my life. 
ALL OF IT! 
And even though it was just a sandwich, it felt a little like a sacred moment to me. 


This afternoon Matt and I took a walk to get Makenna from the bus.
The termination dust has fully flow on the mountains.
And not just a little bit. 
It's super beautiful but winter is coming and I'm not so fond of that.
The Farmer's Almanac is claiming a serious winter with lots of snow. I wonder if it will be wrong. 
Last winter was so mild. It was really nice. 


Last night Matt convinced the girls(aka gave them no choice) to help him with canning tomatoes. 
I am arm pit deep in school work so I didn't help, but
I got this great picture of the three of them working together. 
He's a good dad.
I'm glad I and they have him.   

No comments: