When I was a little girl we sang a song in Primary on Sunday's.
It was called Genealogy: I am doing it. I remember thinking that every one was singing my name.
I could not have known that singing that song would come to fruition years later.
I think it may have even planted a seed in my heart.
I am passionate about several things in this life and one of them is my ancestry
and the work of family history.
When I was around 12 my dad gave me all the family history he had. It amounted to a small file folder with a couple of sheets of paper in it.
Those few sheets have miraculously multiplied over the years in two, three 3" binders full of information.
I love finding dead people!
And I have found that my ability to do so is a gift.
I have had the opportunity to do research reports for several people who thought they would never find their family.
In the last 3 weeks I have found generations
for two of those people.
The excitement they have when they find out I located their ancestor is intoxicating for me.
When I get to explain how they were found I get excited again.
The first excitement came when the windows opened and they were discovered right here at my computer.
I still have unsolved mysteries in my own family line, but I could spend the rest of my life finding dead people and be completely content.
Basically, all I want to do with my time is
grow food and find dead people.

No comments:
Post a Comment