Sunday, April 16, 2017
Happy Easter
Easter is my favorite.
We don't do Easter bunny.
We haven't for years.
It is not about a fake bunny with eggs.
Besides bunnies don't lay eggs.
We celebrate the miracle of Christ being resurrected and overcoming death.
I am so grateful for that.
I am sure I will become even more grateful the older I get and as those I love pass from this side of the veil to the other.
In the meantime, I am enjoying all the time I can.
We always do a Passover or Jerusalem dinner for Easter.
It is super easy and filling.
It takes little preparation.
Several of the foods we eat are ritual foods eaten in the ceremonial Passover meal.
Zeroa is lamb and symbolizes the sacrifice of Christ.
Maror is the bitter herb which symbolizes the Israelites experience in Egypt. First it was sweet and then it was bitter. Like bitter herbs first taste sweet but then bitter.
Haroset is a fruit nut mixture that is symbolic of the building materials used by the Israelites to make the pleasure cities of Egpyt.
Karpas is parsley with symbolizes new life of freedom.
Unleavened bread represents the Israelites swift escape from Egypt and how leaven is associated with sin.
We also tried to get a family picture.
This was the best one. The ones following....not the best!
Not the bests-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment