Yesterday I went and picked Jamie up to come over for a sleepover.
As we were pulling in the driveway I told her that there were giant marshmallows in the field next to our house.
She really thought they were giant marshmallows.
They sure look like it.
It would be pretty fun to live in a world with giant marshmallows.
Monday I met with my cardiologist and got a lot of unwanted answers.
I can not have any surgery to help with the excessive bleeding that is making me anemic because my heart is not strong enough.
I do not have heart disease but I do have a heart defect that I was most likely born with.
It is something that just gets gradually worse over time.
I will have to have heart surgery.
My aortic valve has to be replaced at some point.
If I was having symptoms right now I would be in surgery but I am not having symptoms yet.
The options are not appealing to me at all.
The tissue option is bad because they fail after about 10 years.
If we choose that option that means that if I live to 80 years old I will have to have that surgery around 4 times.
The other option is mechanical which would last my whole life but I would have to be on blood thinners until I die and not allowed to eat as many green vegetables as I want.
Both options mean a surgeon cuts my chest open, breaks my sternum and works on my heart.
UGH!
For now we are in a waiting pattern.
Unless I start having symptoms.
In six months I have to go and have another ECHO and meet with the cardiologist again to see where we are.
I have been thinking long and hard about what to pray for.
Part of me wants to ask for a miracle.
I want my heart to be whole.
I don't want to have a broken heart.
I don't know God's will in this, but I do know that He is aware of all of it and He loves me.
I know that it is important to pray for those things that are within His will.
So I have settled on praying that my heart will last as long as possible.
Thirty more years would be awesome.
I am grateful that I know one thing for sure- God LOVES broken things!

3 comments:
What hard news to assimilate. I will keep you in my prayers. Life throws us curveballs sometimes. Love Charmaine
Dearest Ginny, this sounds like a tough row to hoe. I am grateful that you have such a loving and supportive family, and that you are usually a person who looks for the joy in life. I think that trait will help you through whatever you are called on to endure. My love to you.
Wow! I am sending you lots of love and hugs! I'll be praying for you too! 30 years sounds great to me!
Post a Comment