This morning as I bowed my head in prayer I thanked Heavenly Father for summer in Alaska.
There are moments when I feel filled with so much gratitude that I feel like there is no way to properly express it.
I've learned recently a few interesting things in the scriptures connected to gratitude.
When ever someone 'gave thanks' it was almost always preceded by an offering made.
This morning my offering was waking up early, seeing the mist on the lake, walking down to enjoy it and sharing it here.
Not sure if that is a good enough offering but we don't really do animal sacrifices anymore. :)
We have 5 days until Dallin comes home.
Last night Matt got a phone call and emails from a man in the ward that Dallin has been serving in for the last 6 months.
He expressed his love and joy for our son.
He talked about his testimony and how Dal helped him come back and not feel like he was worthless.
I cried when I read the emails.
How do I make an offering of thanks for that boy?
Yesterday I had a doctors appointment.
My iron levels are up from 7 to 12.7.
That is a relief.
Nothing can be done about my uterus misbehaving until my heart issues are fixed so...
we wait until the 23rd for the cardiologist appointment.
Until then I am going to keep on keeping on.
Packing lettuce, studying the Book of Mormon, hiking, spending time with my family and loving this life here on the farm.

No comments:
Post a Comment