Hot is not a word that gets used much in Alaska.
But today was HOT!
We spend the morning and part of the afternoon harvesting lettuce.
Two hundred and five pounds of lettuce to be exact.
Tomorrow we have about 200 more that we need to harvest.
We were basically dying of heat stroke by about 2 o'clock.
We decided that a swim was in order and put our suits on and headed to the lake.
I love having a lake in the backyard.
It's so easy.
We all got in and swam a bit and cooled off.
Then we sat on the dock and visited for a little while.
I might have gotten a bit sunburned.
We'll see.
Right now I am just feeling a bit warm.
This summer has been pretty incredible so far.
I am loving it!
Tonight I headed back down there and sat on my bench over looking the lake and read the Book of Mormon.
One thing I learned was that if we don't harden our hearts against Christ then we will never be forgotten.
That is a pretty comforting thought.
I think most of us want to be remembered somehow.
To never be forgotten by the only One who really matters is pretty significant.


No comments:
Post a Comment