It's been two years.
It has actually gone pretty quickly.
The first six months were the hardest.
Finding his laundry in the wash or having to pass his car parked in the driveway every day.
But then life just moved along.
His emails were always short.
He rarely answered my questions.
He almost never sent pictures.
I had to scour other missionaries blogs to find pictures of him.
Members of the wards he served in sent me texts with pictures.
He was always a person of few words so I didn't expect too much.
While he's gone I've gotten more grey.
The kids have all grown up.
We had some really hard, stretching experiences.
When I think about seeing him come through the security hall and wrapping him in my arms I immediately tear up.
He has always been and will always be a comfort to this mother's heart.
I wish every mom could have a son like Dallin.
I feel unworthy and blessed to be his mom.
Nine more days.
Only nine more days!

No comments:
Post a Comment