Thursday, July 26, 2018

North Face at Alyeska

I've had North Face on my bucket list for a while and today we finally did it.
It was cloudy when we left home but I figured it would burn off.
It did a little bit when we started out but by the time we got to about mile 1.6 on the trail it started raining.
The mosquitoes were quite awful as well, but it was totally worth it.
The cool thing about this trail is that after you climb 2.2 miles basically straight up gaining over 2000 ft, you don't have to climb down.
There is a tram that you can ride for free at the top.
That was a beautiful thing!
The trail was lovely.
I was a little concerned about bears but a family with four kids and a dog were hiking in front of us and the baby was not happy for a good chunk of the trail so we were definitely safe!
By the time we got to the top were were soaked and there wasn't a good view but we had a great time.
I was especially mindful and grateful for my body today.
Heart issues or not this body is pretty incredible.
I'm grateful it does mostly everything I want it to do.










No comments: