This is what I posted on Facebook yesterday:
"In the past 7 months this is what our family has experienced:
The loss of our greenhouse and subsequent loss of months of income, two
car accidents, me needing open heart surgery, Bri leaving on her
mission and then returning 5 months later, depression, a family member
struggling with thoughts of suicide, the worry of our house burning
down when our neighbors house burned down, unexpected vet bills,
my brakes completely going out on my car, Matt's brakes going out on
his truck, severe financial struggles, Dallin moving out, and probably
more that I've blocked out..
To say it's been hard would be an
understatement. But I've felt strengthened and carried through it all
until this morning when I went out to my car and saw I had a flat tire.
I lost it.
Then later in the morning I saw daisies growing in the destroyed
skeleton of the greenhouse and I was reminded that there was a lot good
happening during the bad and I pulled my big girl panties back on.
Someday everything will be okay even if it isn't all okay right now."
Isn't it interesting how stuff can build up and you think you are handling it all just fine until you are not?
The rest of the day was actually really, really good.
To add to the beautiful flowers growing in the greenhouse there was so much more good-
*Kohlrabi baseball
*A feeling of peace as I sat in my office at the lake. Itwas so peaceful I almost fell asleep.
*Trash peas and Brittan eating one. PSA: Don't eat the trash peas!
*Matt fixing my tire in like 5 minutes
*Watching my kids laugh as they played Mario Kart and Just Dance together.
*So many people reaching out to me
*Cool insights from Acts 16
*Warm zucchini bread
*Kenna watching a cry movie with me
Life is hard. Harder then I ever, ever believed it would be, but it is so, so good too!
Trash peas:


No comments:
Post a Comment