Tonight Matt and I spent the evening in the temple with Corban and Makenna.
I always love going to the temple.
There are so many reasons why but the peace I feel there is so vital for me to stay grounded and okay.
They each did baptisms for some of our ancestors.
Before Corban went in the water he showed me that one of the men he was doing work for was born on the same day as him.
That felt like a tender mercy.
On June 9th over 105 years ago that ancestor was born and today Corban was baptized for him.
I'm grateful for the connection.
It's a blessing to both Corban and our ancestor.
Before the baptisms commenced one of the temple workers shared this quote from Pres. Thomas S Monson:
“As we attend the temple, there can come to us a dimension of
spirituality and a feeling of peace which will transcend any other
feeling which could come into the human heart. We will grasp the true
meaning of the words of the Savior when He said: ‘Peace I leave with
you, my peace I give unto you. … Let not your heart be troubled, neither
let it be afraid’ [John 14:27]."




No comments:
Post a Comment