Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Visiting Gretchen

I stole this picture from Gretchen's facebook page that her husband posted there.
I visited her today and when I went in I wasn't sure what I was going to find.
I have known Gretchen since we moved to Alaska 16 years ago, but it feels like we have known each other a lot longer than that.
She was serving in the nursery when a few of my kiddos were there.
She is a talkative one.
Like she never stops talking.
haha.
I just love her.
We have a lot of the same shared interests: gardening, music, and talking.
Anyway, they found a tumor in her brain and it had to be removed.
I wasn't sure what state I would find her in. 
I was prepared to do all the talking when I got there.
That was not necessary!
She was upbeat and so much herself in the way of conversation.
She even sang to me!
Her entire left side is paralyzed but they are hoping it is just temporary. 
It was such a nice visit.
I love that lady.
On the way out of the hospital I stopped at the flower bed to take a picture of the this gorgeous sunflower.
There are such beautiful things in our world.
I am so grateful to be having this human experience!
 

No comments: