Sunday, March 15, 2020

A Hush

This morning I slept in for a little while because I knew there was no rush.
When I opened my eyes the sky was already beginning to lighten and there was a softness to the world outside.
I noticed that sometime during the night, fog must have rolled in, because everything is covered in white.
It feels sacred almost.
Out here at the farm everything is usually quiet, so quiet, but today it feels different.
It feels like the world is quiet. 
Today is a historical day.
Today every Latter-day Saint will meet in their homes to partake of the Savior's sacrament and share the gospel within their families.
And so will members of other churches.
The world has been paused.
I feel like that is actually a good thing.
It reminds me of a last days scripture- 
D&C 45:31, "And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land." 
and another one-
D&C 5:19, "For a desolating scourge shall go forth among the inhabitants of the earth and shall continue to be poured out from time to time, if they repent not..."
I find comfort in these words actually.
God knows.
It feels like a chance for people to turn back to Him.
I don't feel anxiety; more like interest.
We do live in exciting times.

 

No comments: