The sun is coming back in droves and I couldn't be happier about that.
March is always a pleasure because of the sun.
I spent some time in my rocking chair on the porch a couple of days ago when I took this shot.
It was probably -8 degrees out and I couldn't feel ANY heat from the sun.
But it was there and I was wrapped in my coat and a blanket and it was still a beautiful (albeit chilly) experience.
I love this porch.
I will miss it when we move.
As for the world.
There is crazy stuff happening.
Corona virus is the word on the street.
Cities are quarantined.
Large gatherings are cancelled- like the NBA and General conference!
Then yesterday the church cancelled all church meetings until further notice.
What?
Never in my life have I even heard of something like this happening.
People have bought up all the hand soap and toilet paper.
I think that is because they are worried about having to stay in their houses for several weeks.
General conference will still be held but it will only be electronic.
I am looking forward to hearing from the prophet of this day and the other apostles.
I already homeschool our kids so that's really not a problem but I do think they are going to 'extend' spring break here because of everything.
Three school districts in Alaska already have.
We'll know in a few hours.
So we did stock up on food last night, but we have all the staples like beans and rice and pasta and although our diet would be really bland we have food for a long time.
Plus we have a green house and can start plants if needed.
I don't know how long it will take for this to blow over but it will probably be a few weeks.
Until then, I am just going to keep living life.

No comments:
Post a Comment