My thoughts have been all over the place the last 24 hours.
There is so much happening in the world and also nothing at all.
Our governor did a state mandated travel ban so that we can't travel to different communities in the state.
That means if I wanted to go hiking in another town, I can't.
Last night I was feeling trapped.
It's one thing if I choose to stay home all the time.
It's another if I an told I have to. :)
But this morning I was thinking of the children of Israel in the wilderness and how they complained so much.
We're pretty hard on them.
In every class I have ever been in that talks about them, people are pretty strong in their opinions that they shouldn't have been complaining.
Today, however, I feel like I need to offer more grace.
Like the children of Israel, God is leading us and He's already prepared the way.
He's already prepared us- if we were listening.
As I think about the changes made in the church over the last several years it is so easy to see how He has prepared us for this moment in time.
First and most obvious, is the change to home centered church supported church.
The Lord prepared us to be able to still be filled spiritually by providing the Come, Follow Me program.
Second, and I'm thinking of my Brittan here, He made the change that civil marriage and temple marriage didn't have to have any waiting period between.
Bri is supposed to get married soon and now all the temples are closed.
It might happen that they have to get married civilly first and I love that it is totally and completely okay.
Next, He gave missionaries more access to technology.
Can you imagine all those poor missionaries in quarantine without any way to teach or connect!
Also, we have been counseled for a long, long time to have food storage and money set aside.
This is the reason why!
I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but this is a really good one.
So, I am going to do my best not to complain and instead try to figure out how God wants me to use this time.

No comments:
Post a Comment