How are we doing you ask?
Well, it's interesting how little our lives have changed.
Everything is mostly closed down except grocery stores.
They have closed gyms, movie theatres, libraries, the church, the place where Kenna and I would walk, and all restaraurants.
They are asking people to self quarantine.
The number of confirmed cases in Alaska is now at 9 with no deaths yet.
But I keep watching as the death numbers are increasing daily worldwide.
Yesterday when I checked it, there were around 6,000 deaths.
This morning it was in the 9,000's and just now it was 10,161.
That is 10,161 people who were people.
They had lives and families and people that loved them.
And now they are gone.
And funerals can't even be held because of restrictions on gatherings.
It really makes me sad.
I'm sad for those people who have lost their people.
My dad and mom are older.
My dad is 78.
He's at risk.
I think I might be at risk as well, because of my heart stuff.
Everything is so uncertain.
Except one thing.
Jesus.
That is the only thing that is not uncertain.
Even though our lives are running pretty much normal around here there is a heaviness that I can feel through social media.
Matt does go to work every day.
Brittan has been staying in town.
Makenna and Corban are tucked in with me.
Corban barely went out of the house anyway, but Makenna is feeling it a bit.
I've noticed a great grey owl outside for the last two evenings.
He's actually pretty cool.
Also, I have been praying for an early spring.
I want to go and work the dirt.
I need something to do.


No comments:
Post a Comment