Today there were some bumps in the road of my life.
It reminds me of a message Pres. Nelson gave in June where he said, "The road ahead will always be bumpy, but the destination will be serene and secure. So fasten your seat belt, hang on through the bumps and do what's right..."
I felt like I was holding on by the time I went to bed, however, there were three really good things that I was thankful for at the end of the day.
First, was being able to watch Harold the Tortoise eat grass on the lawn at Brittan's house.
It was fun watching him walk around and he is actually really heavy.
I think she said he weighs 35 pounds.
Second, was finding wild blueberries on my drive home.
I love these kinds of discoveries.
I really, really do.
I didn't have my boots on and they are in a place that is pretty marshy, so I hope to go out and get more soon.
Finally, we had a EAC Zoom reunion.
There were six of us that ended up coming out of our group of 11 from all those years ago.
Some of those faces I hadn't seen in 27 years and it was SO good to see them and remember how much I love them.
We are all in different phases of our life journey.
I just love them all so much.
We are going to try and do it again soon and hope to get more of them together.
So basically, the moral of today's story is that even if there are huge bumps in the road there are also moments of beauty that can be seen.
I just need to remember to see those happy points when the bumps gets overwhelming.



No comments:
Post a Comment