I was still feeling pretty good when this picture was taken.
I had a trans esophageal echo cardiogram done at the hospital today to see what is actually happening with my heart.
They basically knock you out with some really good stuff that makes you sleep so deeply and then put a camera down your throat to get a good view of your heart.
Well, it appears that my body does not like having a new valve.
It is creating a lot of scar tissue around the valve and they predict that it will probably only last about 1-2 years now.
It's frustrating.
But I am trying to come to a place of peace with this.
There is a foreign object in my body that is keeping me alive.
If it is gone, I am gone.
I just keep thinking about a line from my patriarchal blessing that says, "I bless you take care of your health. The Lord wants you to live a long time upon the earth."
So I am trying to do my part.
I am trying to be healthy and be in tune with my body enough to know when something is not right.
This is something I will deal with the rest of my life.
I could have a pity party and worry about it but I imagine that mental stress is opposite of taking care of my health.
My new normal is not a normal I ever wanted but it is what I got.
I am still so grateful for this body and all it has brought me through to this point.
"Hope on. Journey on."- Jeffrey R Holland
After the appointment Matt took me to Friday Fling to get a sweetie pie and lemonade.
That actually made me feel a lot better. :)
That actually made me feel a lot better. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment