Sunday, July 12, 2020

Escaped!

Matt has been working so much lately and we just needed a minute to reconnect with each other so we left our kids and escaped for the night.
It was much needed and so much fun to just be us for a while.
Everything in Alaska is discounted for residents since we have very few tourist as a result of the pandemic.
Because of that we got a discounted room at the Hotel Captain Cook.
Our room looked out to the ocean and it almost made me feel like I was somewhere other than Alaska.
We at the Crows Nest and the food was so good I think I will be dreaming about it for years to come.
We had some king crab fritters for appetizers and just wow.
Then I had the halibut with wild morels and peas. 
It was so simple and so, so good.
The halibut was cooked perfectly and the morels were really yummy.
Our dessert was good too but not as good as the food was.
After dinner we went to Kincaid park and walked to the beach.
We talked about all the dreams we have and what we want to accomplish over the next several years.
Then we saw a HUGE bull moose off the trail as we headed back to the truck.
It was really a perfect evening.
I loved everything about it!








 

No comments: