Sunday, October 25, 2015

Crazy, Wonderful Life


Friday, during the day time, someone ran into a major electric pole and snapped it. So that meant that all of Point Mackenzie was out of power for many hours. We learned several important lesson. I will put them in bullet form-

  • Corndogs are NOT good cooked over the burn barrel.
  • We REALLY like electricity.
  • Bedtime comes super early when there is no electricity. 
  • We are SADLY unprepared for the end of life with electricity. If there was an EMP..Oh boy! 
  • This house holds heat really well! 
So yay! Adventure on the farm.

I got a SUPER cool pumpkin this week. I am in pumpkin love!

I am STILL loving living out in the middle of no where and wish I was here more often and not in town so much. Bri is working on getting her drivers license because we refuse to take her anywhere because we like to stay here when we are home. I love the drive with the kids because I feel like I am connecting with them in ways I didn't have the chance to before. We are in the car for at least 30-40 minutes each way. It's actually pretty awesome.

AND some morning I get amazing views like this one!

No comments: