Friday, October 16, 2015
Phoenix Day Two
The highlight of my day was taking this girl to lunch at Sassy's bakery. The 10 gourmet cupcakes came in a close second! We have not seen each other since she was twelve. We visited with her and her companion and had great food. It was so good to see her. She is doing incredibly great. It was so good to see her.
Janell and I also got to visit with Carrie. She went to college with us. It was great to sit on the Mesa temple grounds and catch up. It amazes me that it has been over 20 years since we've been together. We seem to just pick up where we left off and that is a true measure of friendships I believe.
After visiting with Carrie and lunch with Jess we did a small tour of the Gilbert Temple.
I LOVE the temple. We walked around in the rain as the thunder and lightening surrounded us. It was a beautiful thing for me. I was so glad to share this experience with Janell. She is such a great friend to me. We sat for a while so I could just smell the rain on the desert floor. It really is true how they say you can take the girl out of Arizona but you can't take Arizona out of the girl. I never want to live there again but it does have a feeling of home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment