Once upon a time, in 1992-1994, there were a group of people that converged upon a little town called Thatcher. Amazing and incredible things happened there. Bonds of eternal friendships happened. Some believe they were just a continuation of friendships forged before this life. Testimonies were born and solidified there. And more than 20 years later those friendships are still thriving, like a living, breathing thing. What happened so long ago has never been duplicated again in any of our lives. It was my "waters of Mormon" experience and it continues to bless my life.
Today we all picked up where we left off. When people arrived it was hugs all around and "you look exactly the same" being spoken. Even though we all know that many of us have a few extra pounds, less hair, and more wrinkles. We laughed- hard- like so hard I almost peed my pants. There was talk of mighty gila monsters and slo mo raspberries. We cried. We talked about serious things. We reminisced. It was most comforting that we were all still us. Everyone was still the person I loved so many years ago. It did my heart an incredible amount of good to see, that even though life had kicked all of us in the teeth one way or another, we were all still fighting the good fight.
I truly, truly LOVE these people. How grateful I am for those moments so long ago that made these friendships what they are. God is good!



No comments:
Post a Comment