Sunday, October 4, 2015

General Conference


Basically, one of my favorite things, in all the world of favorite things, is General Conference weekend. We turn on the TV, grab pillows, blankets, notebooks, pens, and camp out in the living room for two days. We eat yummy food like nachos and peanut butter popcorn. We are fed spiritually by living prophets and apostles. It's like Christmas. I might even like it better than Christmas.

This weekend I sat and cried as Elder Holland compared mothers to Christ and recognized our sacrifice. I prayed for Pres. Monson, as he faltered at the podium, that he would be able to finish his talk. I laughed as Sis. Stephens told of her 3 yr old granddaughter getting out of her carseat and Elder Haynie referenced boys digging holes. I remembered an experience I had about the great and spacious building as Elder Schwitzer talked of some being in that building and not realizing it. I set my sights on being a woman who speaks with the power and authority of God that Elder Nelson described. My thoughts raced a mile an hour as Pres Monson spoke and the Spirit whispered. And I rejoiced as Elder Cook explained that the rewards of righteousness are available now.

Ya. Better than Christmas!

No comments: