Sunday, March 6, 2016
Welcome, welcome Sabbath morning
I woke up this morning and rolled over to say my prayers. In the course of that I prayed that today would be a day of rest. My life the last week has been too over scheduled. I have had no time to just sit and ponder. I came downstairs and the sun was hitting the walls and setting the room a glow. I fluffed the pillows on the window seat and sat down. I watched as a chubby chickadee came to see if the dog food had been set out yet. A chirping squirrel and I had a staring contest until he ran away. I saw the eagles flying together. I watched a slight breeze rock the trees back and forth. There is something so calming about the breeze in the trees. The sun warmed my face and I thought about how beautiful life is, how wonderful early mornings are, and how I am looking forward to many more sunny mornings on the front porch in just a short time.
We need down time. We need moments to just watch what is happening around us. Times to just take it all in and see clearly. This life has so many distractions. Soon April will come and I will be done with classes until autumn. Then summer will come and there will be no more seminary to teach. I love today, but I am also looking forward to tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment