I successfully balanced rocks!
I've been wanting to try this for a long time and today I did it.
Balance.
This whole driveway lake thing has got me thinking.
First I should share the story of this morning.
Matt made it through safely. About an hour later Dallin tried.
He didn't make it through.
In fact, his van died in the the middle of the lake while he was talking to his dad.
Evidently, he didn't handle that well.
They sat in the middle of the lake, he and Bri, until I came and rammed them with my truck and pushed them to the other side.
Why we didn't think of a tow rope is beyond me.
It turned out better this way.
While all the water was draining out the door, that won't shut, and the engine, Dallin told me that while they were sitting there he looked out the window because he saw ripples in the water. Sure enough two ducks swam by.
This is especially funny because I am always telling the kids to "Be a duck." Just let it roll off your back.
I laughed so hard about that.
His van then started and he headed off to school. The prayer that Bri uttered before they headed out the door, "Help us get through the driveway" was answered in a round about way.
This afternoon we kayaked in Hale Lake.
The weather is warm, but not warm enough to thaw the ground and suck the water in.
Also not warm enough to melt the ice chunks that floated past me as I was kayaking.
This is what I was thinking about in regards to balance- there are things to get upset about.
Real, hard things.
A flooded driveway is not one of them.
When life gives you a lake in the driveway,
pull out the kayaks!
I don't recommend swimming in it though- which my kids did attempt to do as well. They are still trying to thaw out.



1 comment:
The rock formation is called a "cairn":) I cannot believe how big that lake is. Seriously.
Post a Comment