We researched pumpkin seeds years ago hoping to find one that would be good for our climate. We settled on one called Racer. It is supposed to mature quickly. This year we finally got to try them out. I started the plants inside and when we transplanted them it took a minute for them to recuperate. Now they are doing fabulous. It is end of June and we already have some pretty big ones out there. I do want to find a variety of seed I heard about that makes orange pumpkins from the start. No need to worry about a short season if they are already orange! I need to do more research.
One of my favorite things about gardening in Alaska is the long, long summer days. Things just grow and grow. Here are two pictures of the market garden- one on June 23 and one today. That is only 7 days growth!
AND
The weeds in the walkways are trying to take over but we are cleaning them out each day. There are just a lot of rows to get to.
Also I just LOVE this picture of the broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower!



No comments:
Post a Comment