Monday, June 6, 2016

Riverside, California Mission

I'm not sure how I got this far in my life and have never heard about the struggle that moms have letting their kids leave on missions. The struggle is REAL people! We have been waiting on Dallin's mission call and today it finally arrived. I knew when I pulled into the post office that it was going to be there. Makenna went in and checked the mail and then came bouncing out with excitement as she handed it to me. The rest of the day we waited for Matt and Dallin to get home so it could be opened. As he read the words "...you have been called to serve in the Riverside, California mission" a sense of incredible relief washed over me. I wanted him to go stateside and am so grateful that he is. Makenna was the only one that guessed the closest with her- he'll serve on the West coast comment. He enters the MTC on July 13th. Not much time left with my boy for two years. It is especially hard for me because he has a huge portion of my heart. He is such a great guy and is always so helpful to me. He hugs me often and tells me he loves me. I'm going to miss him horribly, but he is going to be an amazing missionary!

No comments: