Thursday, June 9, 2016

Hangin' with Jake


This morning I got to go and watch Jamie and Jake for a little while. Makenna came with me. It was so fun to play with Jake and see him laugh and have Jamie snuggle close as she watched Peter Pan. It did my heart so good. I love that I can see them whenever I want and check in with how they are doing. Jamie does still remember living with us. Jake, of course, does not. He was only 5 months old when Reahna got them back. As I look back over that time of our lives I am amazed at how Heavenly Father carried me through. It was so incredibly hard. I remember going to Hatcher Pass one night and sitting on a rock by a stream just crying and crying and praying because I didn't know how it would all turn out. The kids are doing so good. They are happy. Their mom is doing really well and is patient with them. I will forever be grateful for that time I got to sacrifice and serve those little kiddos. They will always have a piece of my heart.

No comments: