Sunday, June 26, 2016

Happy Forty Two!


Today was a great birthday. It was low key and I love that! On our way to church I notice the hay that had been cut last week had been baled the night before. I love the look of hay baled in the fields. There is a simplicity and peacefulness to the sight. Something about how even grass has purpose in this big wide world.

I got a ton of happy birthday messages on social media, enjoyed church with my kids (Matt is a high counselor and was at another ward), had a nap, got to talk to my dad who is in Oklahoma, and inhaled a portobello, basil, leek pizza Matt made me. There was also some chocolate involved. Oh and Tracie called and sang me a VERY original birthday song complete with firework mouth sounds at the end. We were laughing so hard. I love my family.

Then this evening the kids and I took a million pictures trying to get a few good ones. We laughed and laughed at the outcome. We also made a few slow motion videos that were absolutely hilarious. I love that I have family. I love that they are hilarious and fun and can make me laugh. To close the day each kid gave me a copy of their testimony. I love them and want to make that a tradition. I would love to have them bear me their testimony every year.

And just for fun here is Milo with a poodle man bun-

No comments: