Tuesday, August 23, 2016
Gratitude post
I always start to feel it acutely when I am in need of a gratitude post. It's been raining so much for so long. We have had about 6 days where the sun has visited in the past month. I am not even exaggerating. I have blogged every day the sun has shone so it's easy to keep track. All that grey, with some others things that weigh on me, make for a desperate need of a gratitude post.
Here we go:
*This morning I picked strawberries out of the greenhouse, that came on late, but that I am so grateful for now that the outside berries are all gone. I ate them with the homemade granola I made yesterday. It was so good.
*Homeschool was done by 11:00 am. Today is a VERY off day for Corban.
*Seminary- It's hard to get up so early but I love being there and talking about the Savior with those kids.
*The fair starts this week. I am so EXCITED for a Triple Berry Cream Puff from Denali Cream Puffs. I look forward to it every single year.
*The garden is still producing, even in this rain. I have tons of potatoes, beautiful orange pumpkins that smile at me every time I visit them, rhubarb, kale, squash, beans, peas, broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery and more. I seriously love the garden.
* Doctor Who. Seriously. I know it's just a show but I love to escape there for moments when things are just ick.
*Matt Hale. He's been working so much and I miss him but I am so grateful for all he endures for us to live so comfortably. He's a big deal.
* Our missionary. I desperately miss this one, but I am so grateful for his service. Grateful that he was worthy to go and that he was willing. Grateful for the good he is doing where he is at.
Okay, now it feels like I should take a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment