Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Cold Snap and Earthquake

The forecast for the next two days is between -12 and 2.
The heater can't keep up in the house when that happens so Corban and I decided to stack some wood on the porch in preparation.
We have the wood stove but do not use it as much as we really should be.
I am going to try and use it more.
Our gas bill is ridiculous.
Anyway, we used the sled to drag the chopped wood from the pile to the house. 
I have no idea why it is stacked so far from the house.
That is going to change this summer. 
Then this morning I guess there was a 8.0 earthquake.
I slept through it, but I do remember not sleeping very well most of the night.
Matt woke up.
He thought I was shaking my foot in my sleep and shaking the bed.
Nope.
Always an adventure living in Alaska.

 

No comments: