I love the cotton candy colors in the sky this morning.
Last night, as I was in bed, I was reading more on Hygge.
This is the perfect time of year for lots and lots of reading.
In fact, I have about 4 different books started and I really need to finish a few of them.
In my reading I came across an interesting insight.
Maybe it won't be interesting to anyone else, but it was to me.
Research shows that "our relationships affect our happiness."
Seems simple enough.
Makes complete sense.
But then I started thinking about people who I think are happy.
They have close relationships with a small amount of people.
Then I thought about people who are not happy.
And their relationships are awful with others.
Our relationships affect our happiness!
Strengthening our relationships with others seems pretty important when you think about this insight.
Doing things together, being understood, feeling a sense of belonging and giving and receiving support are key to our relationships and our happiness.
The book also talked about Kagemand (cakeman).It is a gingerbread in the shape of a man that children have at their birthday parties.
They cut the throat of the cakeman while the party participants all scream.
Seems legit.

No comments:
Post a Comment