I couldn't remember if I said or not but I chose the word MINDFUL for my word of 2018.
I really am trying to be more mindful.
I think that actively doing that enriches the moments that I exist.
I still remember in the fall how I went down to the lake and practiced being mindful of everything that was happening there.
Today I practiced again in our regional conference.
I was surprised at all I noticed.
One thing I noticed was that I thought my kids weren't really listening.
They were drawing cartoon strips for each other.
But when we were headed home in the car I asked each of them about the meeting and they all had stuff to say, except Corban.
He has such issues focusing anyway.
We REALLY need to practice focusing for him.
I tried to not only notice the messages being shared, which were awesome and about service and happiness and more, but about what was happening in the room.
While they spoke about service, I saw it happening all around me.
At one point a sister had a seizure and many quietly helped her out of the room.
Medical help was given and an ambulance was called.
I noticed another sister signing for those hearing impaired until the technology could be set up for them to watch someone sign on the TV.
I saw two little kids go to their grandparents who held them on their laps and cuddled and loved them.
I found myself so grateful to be part of something so wonderful.
Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is my favorite thing.


No comments:
Post a Comment