Sunday, January 14, 2018

Emotions

I had a moment during sacrament meeting today.
I was sitting alone during the opening song.
Corban was passing the sacrament, Makenna was on the stand leading the music, Brittan was home and Matt is in Kenai.
As I was singing I heard my youngest brother right behind me singing the song as well.
All of a sudden I was overcome with emotion.
I was so grateful that behind me was him, his wife, their 3 year old and their twins.
I thought about how grateful I was for his efforts to live the gospel.
I was grateful for his wife who, I am sure, is a great example of striving to do what's right.
Then I was sad for a moment for all those I love that aren't following his example.
For those that are outwardly rebelling.
For those who don't understand.
Then I went back to loving my brother and his example.
I feel blessed to be his sister.
A little while later, after Corban and Makenna joined me, I noticed Corban's artwork.
 I don't think he was really paying attention to the talks.

No comments: