Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Dallin Post

Monday's mean emails from Dallin.
I like to hear how he is doing. 
This week he told me he was struggling.
Super emotional and didn't know why. 
As his mom that is hard for me because I can't help him much from so far away.
I sent back some positive words in the hopes it would help.
We've said prayers for him.
I know he is struggling with his companion.
That's a pattern.
Then I emailed the mission president and asked him if we (Kenna, Corban, and I) could take Dal out to lunch when we go down to California next month.
He said no.
I was bummed even though I knew he would say no.
It's against mission rules.
Sometimes I struggle a bit with giving my son completely to the mission. 
Then today the lady that does the newsletter in the ward he is serving in sent me a copy and his phone number was right on it!
Ah!
The temptation!
I could just send a text.
But no, I won't.
I gave my son to the Lord for two years.
I can suck it up.
Two years feels really long right now.

No comments: