Matt and I are currently doing a healthy living challenge called Game On.
One of the things we had to decided was one habit we wanted to start and a bad habit we wanted to get rid of.
Because there is often a million things running through my mind at one time I knew I needed to get rid of my bad habit of not fully listening to people when they talked to me.
Then I decided I would make a new habit of meditating since I have been wanting to try it anyway.
I downloaded a meditation app and we started the challenge almost two weeks ago.
I have noticed something interesting.
#1. I suck at meditating
and
#2. People want to talk to me a lot
But the habits of listening and meditating are going hand in hand.
I am learning to be more mindful of what is happening at the moment.
It's been really good.
Today I went to the lake and sat on my favorite orange bench over looking the lake.
I decided to be mindful about everything around me.
I heard birds singing and the fish jumping.
I heard an airplane fly by and the dog barking.
I heard the neighbors rooster crow and the leaves rustling in a breeze.
It felt calm and peaceful.
I am grateful for moments of solitude where I can just be.
Then I went inside and made potato salad for dinner using the pickles I made from our cucumbers.
That was awesome
and yummy!


No comments:
Post a Comment