Unfortunately, we have run out of time.
This afternoon I went out to see if I could find some brussel sprouts and check on the pumpkins.
Most of the leaves on the pumpkin plants were black.
That means at some point they froze.
So all the pumpkins had to be picked.
There were probably about 50 of them.
That is pretty dang good since we lost almost every single plant earlier in the spring and had to replant.
I picked them all and put them in the greenhouse to get orange.
We will have some really great ones for Jack-O-lanterns this year.
I also did find about two serving of brussel sprouts so that was exciting.
There were a ton of them but most had been eaten by slugs.
Stupid wet conditions!
I have been constructing this idea in my head for quite sometime.
I would love to live off of what we grow or only local foods for a period of time.
I'm not sure my family would be completely on board but I do believe it would be a cool experiment.
In the mean time I am excited for the first pumpkin to turn orange.

No comments:
Post a Comment