Friday, September 29, 2017

An Incredible Day

Today Esther, Amy and I hiked to Reed Lakes. 
The weather was supposed to be sunny, but we got clouds instead.
And I think that was perfect. 
I'm sure we would have been overheated with clouds.
I thought it would be really cold in the mountains as well, but it was so nice.
We got sprinkled on a little and by the time we got to the second lake we got snowed on, but it was such needed nature therapy for my soul. 
We talked about serious things and fun things.
But mostly we were just overcome with the beauty that surrounded us.
Amy found a patch of blueberries and we sat and ate for some time.
They tasted so, so good. 
I am amazed at the handy work of God. 
Coming back was a little sketchy.
We had some shaky legs, hurting knees and ankles.
But we made it all together.
The last hour or so we mostly hiked in silence.
I loved that part too.
It gave place for my thoughts.
I firmly believe that life is not easy for any of us, but all our experiences are helping us to become what we are meant to be.









No comments: