This weekend we spent 10 hours in front of the television.
It was not a Netflix binge but a binge of spiritual things.
General conference is one of our favorite weekends.
All the kids gather around us and we gather around the tv to hear counsel, invitations, and encouragement from living apostles and prophets.
Elder Anderson's talk made me cry.
I have heard people say that they felt like entire talks were written just for them.
I never had that experience until today.
I received more promptings to do things this conference than any other I can remember.
Nine things total.
Then we were counseled by our leaders to do specific things.
I have a lot of work to do in the next 6 months.
Not this conference but the last conference President Nelson said, "Not only have the messages been edifying, but they have been life-changing."
I asked my gospel doctrine class how their lives had changed since last conference because of the messages given at conference.
For me the answer was that I felt I could hear and feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost more.
I am excited to see what the next 6 months will bring and how my life will change as I implement the counsel and promptings I have received.
Twelve new temples were announced all over the world.
Argentina, Brazil, California, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Guam, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philipines, Puerto Rico, and Utah.
With each announced temple cheers went up in the conference center.
It felt appropriate and I felt that heaven was cheering as well!
I look forward to the day when it is announced that the New Jerusalem is being built.
I hope I'm alive for that!
Until then, I will move forward in faith.


No comments:
Post a Comment