Today I had the opportunity to take in the last of autumn.
I did farm deliveries first thing and as I was driving back to town I decided to stop at Reflection Lake and take in the beauty.
It was incredible!
The path was littered with brightly colored leaves and the air was crisp.
The sun kept trying to peek through the clouds.
A lady had lost her dog and I helped for look for awhile.
We never did find the dog.
I am still hoping it turns up.
I was able to connect with so many people today:
my kids, the dog lady, my nephew Landon, my sister Reahna, my SIL Brittany and my friend, Kelly.
Landon works at Burger King and Corban wanted a burger so we drove through.
While we waited I talked with Landon for a moment and asked how life was for him.
He said something that made me pause for a minute.
"Same stuff, just a different day."
Then I mused on that and the question formulated-
What gives life meaning?
I asked Makenna but she just said she didn't know.
Maybe the answer is different for everyone.
For me, it is all the beautiful things.
My husband, my kids, my Afton.
Sunrises and sunsets.
Good food.
The daily chances to help others on their earthly journey.
The words of prophets, living and dead.
Family history work.
My relationships with good people.
And the hope that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I'm grateful to be alive and live in such a beautiful place.




No comments:
Post a Comment