Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Smattering of Better Things!

I am convinced that we make our lives better or worse by our attitudes about what is thrown our way.
Some days it is harder to choose the better part when the worse part is looming like grey skies that seem to have no end.
I've been thinking of the better parts of the last few days and wanted to share.
First, is time with Afton.
His cute little smile and voice melt my heart.
We get to play with him today and that is always better!
 Good friends who give good gifts!
My Esther friend gifted me with three pieces of pumpkin cheesecake on Sunday.
My two favorite things to eat!
I did share one piece with Kenna and Corby, but I ate the other two.
Good friends are better things!
 Warm autumn days are better.
Yesterday I did take advantage of the sun and the warmer temps.
I climbed into the kayak and paddled out to the middle of the lake.
Trapper complained that I was too far from him while he stayed on the dock.
I just floated and let the breeze carry me around for a while.
I closed my eyes for a bit and felt the water rocking me and the sun on my face.
The word that came to my mind was "Peace".
I am grateful to be able to feel that a lot out here at the farm.
 Cool water bottles (aka hydro flask) are better.
Matt bought it for me this summer.
I have been adding vinyl stickers to it ever since.
My newest sticker is my gnome.
I have a harvest point farms sticker, family search sticker, hiking stickers, xtra tuff boots sticker and more.
All things I love.
It's easy to get enough water in everyday when I have a cool water bottle and it holds 40 oz! 
 Funny kids are better.
I have been so blessed in this department.
If my kids have ever hated me, they have never told me to my face.
Or any other way, for that matter.
Brittan decided to put a new quote on the board, "Bravery is continuing on even when you're afraid" and then someone added "of Makenna."
I think that perhaps Makenna added the last part.
But it still made me laugh out loud when I saw it.

One other thing that is SO better is that there may be an end in sight in the custody case of my niece, Bellamy.
Erin has had all three kids since March.
Because the two older ones have a different dad it has been a mess.
So many court dates.
So much anxiety about how it will all work out.
We still don't know exactly, but Erin found a loophole and it appears she may be able to get complete custody of Bell by the end of the week.
This is HUGE!
I feel so completely relieved and grateful.
I've been praying so much for those kids.
We have a ways to go but it looks like things might be turning in our families favor.

No comments: