Monday, October 22, 2018

Reminders

The skies have been grey for a long time.
This time of year is usually hard because of the weather.
Thoughts of wanting to move inevitably enter my mind.
However, they are saying we are having the warmest autumn in 100 years.
It is still in the high 40's.
I haven't even gotten my heavy jacket out yet.
This time last year we already had snow.
This is good for several reasons.
Number 1 is that we still have lettuce growing to sell.
Number 2 is that we haven't had to turn the heat up and have only had to use the woodstove to take the chill off the house a handful of times.
 This morning when the sun started to some up I found myself grateful to see that the clouds are just wisps and that today we should get some full sun.
I need some sun.
I was reminded that the sun rises every single day even if it is covered in clouds.
I might even go kayaking on the lake this afternoon since it hasn't frozen yet and enjoy the last moments of the warmer weather.

No comments: