Well, I did it!
I kayaked around glaciers and it was AMAZING!
Esther and I headed out to Valdez on Monday morning and by the afternoon we were in kayaks on Glacier Lake, which by the way will kill you within a minute if you fall it, taking in the wonders.
It was beautiful and sunny.
It was so cool to hear the ice crackling as we kayaked around the lake.
At one point we had a contest to see how long we could keep our finger in the water.
After about 40 seconds I could not longer feel my finger.
Talk about COLD water!
It was spectacular.
And autumn was in full glory on the drive.
I have always wanted to drive to Valdez in the autumn and it did not disappoint- or as Esther says, "it is not ugly!"
We saw a baby black bear run across the road, thousands of salmon at the hatchery and ate yummy shrimp in town.
Then we camped at the KOA and drove home this morning.
It was glorious and I am so glad to have had the chance to do it.














No comments:
Post a Comment