Friday, September 18, 2015

Moving along!

Autumn is in full swing and every time I drive down the road in the morning I am in awe of the beauty that surrounds us. Fog has rolled in several times and it has been incredible sights. 
Rain has been falling a lot lately. For days and days. 
And with rain comes messy floors, umbrellas and beautiful mushrooms. 
I love how magical they are! 
It also comes with water logged chickens that need a little relief. So the redneck in us comes out in full measure and we join the club of blue tarp Alaskans. 
Day before yesterday I got to babysit Jamie and Jake. I love those two. 
Jake rolled around on the floor playing with toys and making noises. Jamie drew on the ottoman with marker, flooded the bathroom and threw chocolate graham crackers everywhere. 
It was great fun! Oh to be 3 again. 
Things in the greenhouse are wrapping up with the strawberries and the attempt at pumpkins. I planted way too late and they needed serious fertilizer. Had several that got this far.
However the hydroponic lettuce is doing incredibly well. 
And with Autumn comes new mugs and hot cocoa. I am in LOVE with this woodland mug. 
I've already used it twice for salted caramel hot cocoa- my favorite! 
And lastly, we have been trying to get things done in the house. Last night we finally got cabinet doors and knobs on the island. The paint needs touched up,
but I love how it turned out. I also made the seat cushion for the window seat but 
pictures for that will come after I get new pillow covers for the throw pillows. 

And soon I will share with you the story of the miracle that is happening in our lives right now.

No comments: