Sunday, September 27, 2015

Released

 On Thursday OSC released custody back to Reahna for Jamie and Jake. It's been 2 weeks short of 2 years since this all started. Reahna has done so well and I am really proud of her. She has been off drugs for more than a year and is trying hard to be a mom to her kids. She now gets to make all the decisions about visits and everything in regards to her kids. It's been a really long road and to honest, I thought it might turn out differently. Even though I miss Jamie and Jake in my every day, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Today we had a little celebration family dinner. Family, food and lots of babies to snuggle with. I am grateful to have such an incredible family. I'm grateful that, although most of us kids were extremely critical about how my parents dealt with Reahna during this process, they didn't give up on her.


No comments: