Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Ending the year
Yesterday the kids an I were in a thrift store and we found two pair of ice skates. I was thinking that they would be great for fun on the frozen lake. They seem to work perfectly for the driveway though. It has warmed up to the 40's and everything is melting but then at night it freezes again. Our driveway is a mess and keep in mind it is 1/2 mile long. Makes for a long ice skating rink!
I also caught the chubby chickadees that keep coming on the porch and eating the dog food. Yesterday I put out the bird feeders but they haven't found those yet.
Because it is so warm, I sat on the front porch for while. I just listened. The roosters were crowing, a squirrel yelled at me for being on the porch when he wanted to sneak some dog food too, and kids were making a "joyful" noise in the house with their instruments.
Yesterday I got some beautiful pictures of the sunrise. Here is my favorite:
Matt and I were talking yesterday about relationships. There is a disconnect in this world. People are TOO busy! I feel like busy is a 4 letter word. And I am guilty of it too. I want my relationships to be richer and fuller. That would require not being so busy and attempting to connect with others. My word for this year was going to be HEARKEN but I might change it to something that has to do with this theme. Maybe CONNECT. I am going to continue to think about it and see what word would fully encompass my thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What an absolutely gorgeous sky!!!
Post a Comment