Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Answered prayers


If there is one thing that I can testify of through out my entire life it is that God answers prayers. This morning I got a call from the animal shelter. The correctional farm, that is about 7-10 miles from our house, called them and said that a black and white dog showed up there on New Years day and they needed someone to come and pick it up. Why they didn't call for the last 12 days I have no clue. I got very excited and then got emotional. I called the correctional farm to arrange a time for me to come and see if it was our Trapper dog. I called Matt and he decided he wanted to go down there. So he did and he brought Trapper home.

Just this morning on my way home from taking the kids I actually had wondered why God hadn't answered our prayers. They were prayers that asked that Trapper would come home but there were also prayers that we would just know if he was dead or alive. Just so we could know. And then the phone call came. The other night, as I was basically losing hope, Dallin said to me, "Mom, it will be all right. He'll come home." and those words brought me a measure of comfort even though in my mind I didn't think it was possible that he would since he had been away so long.

He had a small injury when Matt brought him home so he took him to the vet and we got him fixed and micro chipped so if he runs away again he can be found more easily. He is now wearing the cone of shame for a couple of days, but should be back to himself soon.

I am grateful for answered prayers. Grateful that in things that, are not really cosmically important, God hears and answers prayers.

No comments: