Friday, January 22, 2016
The week in a nutshell
How is it Friday already? I'm not sure what has even transpired in the last several days.
I cleaned the kitchen. That was a big deal. It was pretty messy, but there are few things more beautiful than a clean kitchen and I love mine so much.
This morning marks 3 weeks of plant based eating for Matt and I. Matt's cheated- a lot- but he is still losing weight and feeling better. I am down 11.2 in 22 days and feeling incredible. The thing that amazes me is that it has been super simple and I am sure will become a lifestyle for me. We are eating exactly the things the Word of Wisdom talks about and nothing more. I am never hungry and I have worked out very little and still have lost so much weight. I am learning a very important principle. In the Pearl of Great Price there is a facsimile that shows our position is upside down to God. If we do the exact opposite of the world or what we think is best we will most likely be on the Lord's side. For example, the world teaches that if you want to lose weight you need to exercise at least an hour a day and don't eat any starches likes rice, corn, potatoes, grains. The bulk of my diet these last three weeks comes from those things and I am dropping weight like crazy. I am sleeping well and my skin looks good. It shouldn't surprise me at this point in my life but seriously, man's ways truly are not God's ways and I think that applies to everything.
I did take a walk twice this week up the driveway- it was brisk- both weather and speed wise.
Also I LOVE the sky this time of year. We've had the most incredible sunrises and sunsets and the Northern Lights have been so good this year. Alaska is great- even if it's still winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment