Sunday, January 24, 2016
Saturday
Yesterday was a busy, busy day. Started out the day getting rid of more roosters. So far we have butchered or sold a total of 99 roosters. We still have around 30-40 out there. Oiy! Anyway, while Bri was feeding I was out there and the turkeys have so much personality. I was trying to get pictures of the tom's and one of hens was having none of it. She wanted in the picture. So I got this really funny photo bomb turkey photo. Then when I went outside I saw an eagle perched in the perfect position just waiting for the chickens to make a wrong move.
Then I caught a squirrel on the porch eating out of the beehive trays that we have notyet put back in their place. This adds to why the squirrels are getting so fat. First the dog food and now the honey.
Then we went and helped Garic and his family move. We got there just in time to not do anything! We were a bit late. But it was fun to see their monsterous house and visit for a minutes. After that we grabbed some lunch and then went to Matt's shop. He was working on my laundry room cabinets. Pictures to come soon. We still have a little bit to finish in the installing area. Corban made us all laugh by blowing up plastic gloves with his nose and Kenna and I exhibited our dance skills to the music on the radio. B-52's Love Shack was the best.
Once we got home we spent the rest of the evening installing. I am in love with it all. We still need to the counter top and rod in to hang clothes on and the washer and dryer had to switch positions which needs a coupling for the gas line. But it will make the laundry room so much more functional and I am super excited for it to be done.
Then at 130 in the morning we got hit with a 7.1 and a 6.4 earthquake at the same time. The house rolled back and forth for about 2 minutes. Corban and Makenna didn't even budge. Matt was up pretty quick, Bri stood in her door frame and Dallin and I just stayed in bed. No one screamed or yelled earthquake and I felt like it would all be fine. That worries me a little bit. My fight or flight instincts seem to be very tempered. However, on the up side, the house stood strong, we didn't lose power and nothing fell off shelves. The only damage being reported so far is in Kenai- grocery stores had stuff all over the floors, K beach road split in half and lots of people were without power.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment